Monday, May 09, 2005

Mick Jones Q&A

Vice-Captain Mick Jones Posted by Hello


Q1.When did you start your TSJCC career?

23 years ago at the age of 18, i think, along time ago ed.(you think his keeping would of improved by now).

Q2. Have you ever played for anyone else?

No. (ed. a one club man hey!)

Q3.Best batting performance?

93 not out was my highest score about 4 years ago against Swinton (ed. Rumor has it Swinton CC folded shortly after due to the shame). See off Heath Davis in his opening spell at Blackpool was an exhilarating experience!!!

Q4. Best wicket keeping display?

I think I had a five for at Newton Heath some five years ago (ed. any witness!!! we demand proof). My best memory however was the year I won the 4th division keeping prize, with the help of Graham Jebb's gentle away swingers (ed.Paul, is this true, there is no mention on the club history bit on the Crompton Meadows site!!).

Q5. Favorite NMCL ground and why?

Greenfield. Not only are the teas magnificent but on a dry day the wicket is good and the out field is like lightening.

Q6. Least favorite NMCL ground and why?

Rochdale Catholic Club. Can't say any more as it would be libelous (ed. when in doubt, say nowt)

Q7. Funniest thing you have seen on a cricket pitch?

I could write a book (ed. easy I've gotta type this), I did throw the ball at Dennis Stringfellow once when he wasn't looking and it hit him on the head. He was literally hopping mad, but it got me a few drinks in the pub afterwards (ed. from who??)

Q8. What are your personnel goals for this season?

To support Smithy, play hard and enjoy my cricket. Anything else is a bonus. Oh yes, and to win back my gay icon image. Stolen away from me by Matt Ablett and his viking outfit (ed.it should prove to be a titanic battle... watch this space).

Q9. Who do you see as a potential rival/successor for the gloves job, lets face it you're not getting any younger?

All the other potential candidates seem to be older than me or emigrating. Maybe I should carry on! (ed. bugger!!!)

Q10. Is there ever justification for letting you bowl?

I can remeber my bowling exploits much more clearly than anything else cause there are so few (ed. I am surprised). Taking the gloves off mid game and taking 4 wickets for 15 runs in a cup match was a great moment! Hitting the wickets in last years semi-final bowl off was also a great and a very surprising memory (ed. if Rowdy had hit the wickets as well i swear it would have seen the end of the world....hell, fire ,damnation..etc).

Cheers Mick.

6 Comments:

At 2:24 pm, Blogger Knights that say Ni(ck) said...

That sounds interesting Mike, i hope it's within the good taste of your family publication!

 
At 3:55 pm, Blogger Danny Mozzer said...

who's next?

 
At 4:18 pm, Blogger Knights that say Ni(ck) said...

You'll have to wait and see young Moriarty. Hope fully i will get round to most of the 2's players.

 
At 6:24 pm, Blogger Danny Mozzer said...

i think mozzer snr should be done :)

 
At 6:33 pm, Blogger Knights that say Ni(ck) said...

well we ll have to see, if he play's enough games we might ask him a couple of questions ;-)

 
At 8:52 pm, Blogger Danny Mozzer said...

lol ok ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home